Top 5 Single 18650 Mods
The amount of choice on the market these days can feel a little overwhelming. That’s why we’re highlighting five of our favourite single 18650 mods, ideal for vapers who need a compact setup. This list is limited to regulated mods with 510 connections, so don’t worry, we will be making specific guides for mechanical mods and AIOs in the future!
5. Geekvape Aegis Solo: We’re starting things off with the Geekvape Aegis Solo. It’s one of Geekvape’s more compact offerings but it doesn’t scrimp on the famous durability of the Aegis line. With a sturdy zinc alloy frame that’s covered in a rubberised coating, this device easily stands up to drops, dusty environments and even water. On top of this, the simple AS chipset is snappy and user friendly. An all around solid pick for any vaper who needs a small mod.
4. iStick Pico X: The latest iteration of Eleaf’s long running Pico line. The Pico X is the smallest of the recent Pico mods, which is a somewhat limiting factor in terms of maximum atomiser diameter at just 22mm. This device was designed with MTL tanks in mind though and for this role, it works flawlessly. The chipset may be basic but it works without any issues and battery management is great, too. Perhaps the most compact 18650 mod currently in production.
3. Ambition Mods Easy: Side by side mods have been around for years and have always been popular in the high-end community. The Easy mod is a collaboration between Ambition Mods and Italian boutique modders Sunbox. The result is an elegant but sturdy little device, that looks far more expensive than it is. It’s a great way of giving your setup a high end look, without the price tag. There were some 510 issues in the first batch, but these problems have been resolved in all subsequent units. A great combination of form factor, looks and build quality.
2. Limelight Wicket: Serbian modders Limelight Mechanics are known for having some of the best machining quality and customer service in the industry. As a result, their devices are a little more expensive than mainstream offerings, though the Wicket is their most affordable regulated device to date. The landmark feature of this device is its modularity. The device can be entirely stripped down without tools, so should any piece malfunction, repair costs are kept to a minimum and the part replacement can be performed by the end user with ease. Combine this with a timeless look and tiny size and you have yourself an incredible mod. The choice between DNA60 or Dicodes chipsets make this the ideal choice for enthusiasts.
1. Vaporesso Swag 2: Vaporesso’s original Swag unapologetically took aim at the Eleaf Pico and fans have been requesting a sequel for some time. The Swag 2 is an upgrade in every sense. It uses the same lightweight construction as the Gen mod, including the pleasant textured grip. The chipset has been replaced with Vaporesso’s flagship Axon board, which packs in every feature you could possibly need in a single 18650 device, including power curves, temperature control and even pulse mode. From battery management to power delivery, the Axon is currently one of the best chips on the market, rivalling DNA and Dicodes chips. Having this functionality, along with such a small form factor, at an affordable price point is really hard to beat.