With the ever-growing concerns over the environmental impact of vaping, Royal Flush Vape (voted best online vape retailer in last years Vapouround Awards) are taking the bull by the horns and leading the industry towards a greener future.
As a retail member of the UKVIA, Royal Flush Vape welcome the recently published “Greenprint’ for Environmental Action” and are encouraging fellow vape retailers to get on board.
Royal Flush Vape Director Fash Ferdowsian said: “Sustainability and ethics are integral to Royal Flush Vape as a company and a team and we are working hard to reduce our carbon footprint wherever possible.
The advice and guidance from the UKVIA has been a welcome addition to the steps we have already taken to reduce our impact on the environment, I would encourage all vape retailers to get involved.”
Since winning last years Vapouround Award for Best Online Vape Retailer, Royal Flush Vape have:
- Planted one tree for every 65 orders placed, to offset the impact of their packaging and printed marketing material.
- Switched to e-receipts in all of their retail stores.
- Adopted 100% paperless picking in their warehouse, in favour of handheld scanning devices.
- Planted 78 trees to offset the CO2 emissions of their website.
- Dispatched all parcels using only couriers committed to reducing their environmental impact, namely Royal Mail who deliver two out of three parcels by foot and DPD who have a 100% carbon neutral commitment.
- Incentivised the use of DPD Pickup by subsidising the cost at checkout. DPD Pickup is more environmentally friendly than standard shipping as the service reduces carbon emissions by up to 85%.
- Recycled hundreds of disposable batteries in partnership with Biffa under their WEEE obligations.
Over the next 12 months they plan to:
Offset the emissions directly related our team, like their office space, electricity at work, food, small office material and short distance travel.
Switch to 100% LED lighting in all our stores and warehouse locations.
Continue to promote our campaigns for battery recycling and encourage our customers to switch to re-usable devices and change the throwaway behaviours of some vapers.
Switch to recyclable carrier bags and gift cards in our retail locations.
According to Material Focus, (a not-for-profit organisation focused on recycling of electronic products and funded by producers of electrical appliances) 1.3 million single-use vapes are thrown away every week (5.4 million per month).
It is therefore essential that we as an industry address the impact this is causing on the environment and find ways to mitigate it.
UKVIA Director-General John Dunne said: “The UKVIA and its members take the environment very seriously. Myself and the team have been focused on engaging with all stakeholders to look at finding practical, real-world solutions.
“The example being set by our retailers like Royal Flush is critical to set the standard for others to follow. We cannot allow anything to compromise the great work that vaping has done in switching UK adult smokers to a less harmful alternative.”
It’s a great thing to see responsible companies like Royal Flush Vape making a conscious effort to combat their environmental impact as well as industry associations such as the UKVIA calling for environmentally sustainable vaping and education in both consumer and industry perspectives.
Disclaimer: This sponsored content was written by Vaping 101