Beat The Menthol Ban With Vaping
As of Wednesday, May 20th, menthol (and slim) cigarettes were banned across the EU which, for now at least, includes the UK. Whether this raises concerns about the future of flavoured vapour products is an argument for another day. The fact of the matter is, millions of menthol smokers across Europe can no longer access their preferred product.
Fear not, vaping could be your solution and help you “beat the menthol ban”. If you’re a long-term menthol smoker, this might be the push you needed to move on to a less harmful product. Today, we’re going to outline some great beginner’s vaping kits, along with some of our favourite mentholated e-liquids. With any luck, you’ll never have the temptation to smoke again.
Great vaping starter kits in 2020:
There are thousands of vaping devices on the market and that can be overwhelming for new vapers. Here are three of our favourites:
1. Innokin Coolfire Z50 Kit: The Innokin Z50 is a simple, pocket friendly device, with simple controls that allow you to adjust the power of your vape. It’s bundled with the Innokin Zlide tank, which in our experience is one of the best tanks for newcomers to vaping. This is because it can create a tight draw, which closely mimics the sensation of inhaling from a cigarette. If you prefer, you can also open the airflow, for increased vapour production. A no nonsense device with enough battery life to last all day and then some.
2. Smok Nord 2: The Nord 2 is an all in one kit, which means the battery and tank are specifically made for each other. It’s every bit as simple as the Z50 kit, with a smaller overall size and battery capacity. It’s compatible with a wide range of coils, which allow you to select the tightness of the draw, optimal power output and vapour production.
3. Vaporesso Orca Solo Plus: This is the simplest of our favourite starter kits and has a traditional look that most people associate with vaping. Instead of fully adjustable power, the Orca Solo Plus can toggle through three power settings, by clicking the power button three times. Like the Zlide tank, it has adjustable airflow, which allows you to customise the experience further. In our tests, we found battery life to last all day when using the low power coil, while delivering full satisfaction.
Great menthol e-liquids in 2020:
As with devices, e-liquid brands and flavours are numerous. The first thing to understand is which nicotine strength and type will best suit your needs. We covered this topic in another blog post, which you can read here: https://www.vapouround.co.uk/is-salt-nicotine-the-right-choice-for-you/
Once you have an idea of which strength and type of nicotine is the right fit, it’s time to find a great menthol flavour. We’re going to talk about three in particular, which are quite different from one another and should cover a wide range of tastes.
1. Vampire Vape Heisenberg: This is probably the most popular single flavour in the UK, for good reason. Heisenberg is a mysterious fruit cocktail flavour, with hints of berries, citrus and anise. It’s finished with a moderately strong, soothing menthol, that should hit the spot for menthol smokers.
2. Dinner Lady Mint Tobacco: A simple, classic flavour profile. Mint Tobacco takes a moderate, earthy tobacco flavour and gives it a cool twist with a bold peppermint and refreshing finish. This should be quite good at replicating the experience of a menthol cigarette.
3. Naked 100 Melon Menthol: A tropical menthol blend. Melon Menthol is a combination of honeydew, pineapple and cantaloupe, with a strong menthol finish. This one packs a good level of sweetness but is still light and fresh.
If you’re looking for further advice on vaping, we recommend contacting your local vape shop. Even though usual service is restricted at the moment, many shops are still able to provide local delivery or click and collect purchasing, with experienced staff and a wide range of products.